A crisis can occur at any time. When the crisis involves an Alzheimer’s or dementia patient the situation becomes even more complex.
When the crisis involves an elder person with an Alzheimer’s/dementia diagnosis, they may show symptoms and exhibit behavior that requires immediate intervention. If people who are untrained in dementia attempt to assess the patient, the patient may be at risk for inappropriate treatment, hospitalization, or incarceration.
Sometimes a caregiver faces a crisis…. Emotional, physical or psychological… Our Alzheimer’s Care Crisis Line staff is here to guide you through…
Our role is to:
- Arrange for immediate crisis intervention and provide referrals
- Assist in identifying the problem
- Refer and coordinate all appropriate resources
- Confirm patient and caregiver safety
Why does ElderCare at Home provide a crisis line?
- Patients struggling with dementia are subject to adverse symptoms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Adult children and other family members may live at a distance or out-of-state
- Due to the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders, patients may exhibit behavior needing immediate intervention
- Unusual behavior is often misunderstood by the public or law enforcement
- Inaccurate assessment by those untrained in dementia may result in inappropriate incarceration, or unnecessary application of Florida’s Baker Act
Who can use the 24-Hour Crisis Line?
- Law enforcement
- Case Managers
- Home health agency staff
- Community services staff
- Family Members that live locally or at a distance
- Anyone in the community who identifies a crisis involving a probable Alzheimer’s Disease or related disorder patient
How can the 24-Hour Crisis Line help?
- Provide crisis intervention referrals
- Coordinate emergency resources with those who have the authority to effect emergency placement or intervention
- Advocate for the patient and caregiver
- Provide appropriate follow-up
Call us at 888-285-0093 or Email us to learn more about our Crisis Prevention Services!
My Caregiver Match Guarantee™!
We will successfully match you with a caregiver, or you
don’t have to pay our fee!*