If you or someone you love lives in South Florida, you need to be prepared in the event of a hurricane. Don’t wait until the last minute… Call us today and speak with one of our Care Managers.
We can assist you in creating a hurricane or disaster plan that is just right for you and your family.
ElderCare at Home offers extensive hurricane and disaster preparedness planning services to seniors who are vulnerable during hurricane season or in the event of a disaster.
Our Care Manager’s will work with you before, during and after the crisis. They will ensure that you have a place to go if you’re evacuated and if you choose to stay at home, they’ll also make sure you have plenty of supplies, extra medications and when possible, a caregiver to see you through.
Hurricane Preparedness Service Includes:
- Providing a comprehensive needs assessment and developing an emergency plan. This may involve purchasing supplies for remaining at home; helping to sign-up for a special-needs shelter; making hotel reservations or out-of-town travel arrangements.
- Communicating and staying in contact with your family or other out-of-state emergency contacts.
- Coordinating and purchasing emergency supplies.
- Remaining in contact with you during a hurricane watch to assure that your emergency plan is properly implemented.
- Calling or visiting you as soon as possible after the storm to assure your safety and well being. We will also attempt to reach family members and take steps to address any needs that have arisen during and after the storm.
This hurricane season make sure you and your loved ones are taken care of with ElderCare at Home’s Hurricane Preparedness Plan.
1. Hurricane shutters or storm panels for all windows and glass sliding doors
2. Solar-powered Flashlight and Flashlight with extra batteries for each member of your family
3. Battery operated lanterns with extra batteries
4. Propane gas portable camping stove or grill (outside use only)
5. Waterproof Matches and lighter
6. Fire Extinguisher
7. Battery operated radio and/or Battery operated Television with extra batteries
8. Cellular telephone with solar re-charger
9. Gas operated portable electric generator (outside use only)
10. Properly gauged extension cord for use with your portable electric generator
11. Fuel for car, portable generator, or chain saw
12. 5 gallon gas cans (at least 2)
13. Funnel for gas can
14. Battery operated fan
15. Hand operated can opener
16. 30 day supply of prescription medications
17. Battery operated or wind-up clock
18. First aid kit
19. Any special health care items for infants, elderly, or disabled family members
21. Plastic garbage bags with ties
22. Tools â€“ nails, hammer, screw drivers, axe, crow bar, box cutter
23. Clean containers for storing drinking water (fill clean bathtubs with water for miscellaneous use; swimming pool water can be used for flushing toilets if there is no water pressure)
24. Bleach for sanitizing water
25. Water purifier
26. Paper plates, napkins or paper towels, plastic cups and utensils
27. 12 volt refrigerator and ice chest
28. 12 volt power converter
29. Food for pets
30. Rope or heavy cord
31. Work gloves
32. Weather protection TARP covers
33. Duct tape
34. Protective shoes and clothing
35. Waterproof container for important documents
36. Homeowner’s insurance company contact information and other important documents
38. At least a 5-7 day supply of food
My Caregiver Match Guarantee™!
We will successfully match you with a caregiver, or you don't have to pay our fee!*